17 August 2011

Q of the Day #2: Is it appropriate to wear flip-flops in the office?

Huh…No!  Since the weather broke, I’ve noticed a bad trend and it’s ladies who think it’s ok to rock flip-flops at work. It’s one thing to walk into work that way but once you hit the door they disappear.  For some reason flip-flops or as my coworker would say “shower shoes” have a time and a place and work isn’t on the list.  I’m all for pushing the envelope but come on.
  I work in a pretentious and stuffing environment were the right shade of finger nail polish will have you sitting behind closed doors having you second guessing your choices “I’m being a bit drastic.”  So I get wanting to test the limits but you have to draw the line.  I know it’s hot but the heat should not alter your perception to were wrong becomes right.  I’ve always been told and now believe to my core that you should dress for the next position not your current one.  So if you want to be the Director of a department or agency do you really think flip-flops scream success?  To me it screams, “I’m headed to the gym shower, I hope no one steals my stuff from the locker.”

What are your thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...